Departmental, Professional, and Public Service:
- Charlottesville Social Development Commission, 1988-1994; Chairman,
- Jefferson Area United Transportation, Board of Directors, 1990-
1997; President, 1994 - 1995.
- Virginia Task Force on Transportation for Elderly and Disabled
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Children and Youth Commission Subcommittee
on Teenage Sexual Activity, 1993-present; Chairman 1995 - 1999, 2001 - present. See
- Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Economics, 1999-present.
Journal of Human Resources, 2000-present.
European Economic Review, 2003-present.
- Region 10 Community Services Board, 2004-present.
- Board of Editors, American Economic Review, 2005-present.
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Commission
on Children and Families,
on Human Services Investment, 2005-present.
- Volunteer Award
- The Costs and
Benefits of Mental Healthcare, with Amelia McKeithen, for the
Charlottesville-Albemarle Commission on Children and Families.
- Cost Benefit Analyses of
Youth Development Programs for Commission on Children and Families,
with Nia Harrison, Nikola Juris, and Dori Stern.
- Local Mental Health Prevalence Estimates
- University of Virginia Committee on Engaged Scholars, 2007 - 2008;
Co-chairman, 2007 - 2008.
- Volunteer Award:
Announcement (second page), Story 1 (UVA Today),
and Story 2 (Cavalier Daily)
Back to University of Virginia
Back to Steven Stern's home
Maintained by Steven Stern