- International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- Basic Documents - Constitutive Instruments and Bases for Jurisdiction
- Decisions - Features links to all cases and advisory opinions referred to the Court since 1946. Cases are listed in chronological order.
- Written and Oral Pleadings - The ICJ recently began to place online the (uncorrected) full text of Written and Oral Pleadings that are currently being prepared for printed publication. Nineteen Contentious and Advisory Cases from 1986-99 are presently offered at the site, some in HTML format, others in .pdf. Most include the Application, Request for Provisional Measures, Written and Oral Pleadings, Orders, Judgment (when applicable), and Press Communiques.
- European Court of Human Rights
- National Courts (Non-US Courts)
- NCSC - Comprehensive List - alphabetical, Australia - United Kingdom
- German ands French Courts - Institute of Global Law Portal - a resource for French and German materials in the fields of constitutional, administrative, contract and tort law. The English translations of legal decisions include cases from the Bundesverfassungsgericht, the Bundesgerichtshof, the Conseil Constitutionnel, the Conseil d’Etat and the Cour de Cassation.
- US Federal Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court - The Legal Information Institute offers Supreme Court opinions under the auspices of Project Hermes, the court's electronic-dissemination project.
- U.S. Supreme Court decisions, 1937-75 - Supreme Court decisions from the FLITE ("Federal Legal Information Through Electronics") system. The file consists of over 7,000 Supreme Court opinions dating from 1937 through 1975, from volumes 300 through 422 of U.S. Reports.
- Federal Court- and Tribal Court-Related Web Sites
- History of the Federal Judiciary
- History of Federal Judgeships
- Federal and State Judicial Opinions - Cornell Law School site
- US State Courts
- Treaty Research Guide - Osgoode Library of York University
- Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy - Multilaterals Project - begun in 1992, an ongoing project designed to make available the texts of international multilateral conventions and other instruments
- The Avalon Project, an extensive collection at Yale Law School of historic documents in law and diplomacy
- Global Law - Cornell University Legal Information Institute (LII) site
- International Treaties - an extensive research collection listed by Washburn University School of Law Library
- U.N. Treaty Data Base (requires subscription)
- The University of Michigan Law School Refugee Caselaw Site - seeks to promote transnational analysis of refugee law by advocates, decision-makers, and policymakers committed to the effective implementation of international standards.
of the United Nations
- Code of U.S. Federal Regulations (CFR) - National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- Federal Register - the official daily publication for Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of Federal agencies and organizations, as well as Executive Orders and other Presidential Documents.
- Thomas - U.S. Legislative Information on the Internet - To search U.S. Legislation, Public Laws, Congressional Record
- GPO Access - To search U.S. Public Laws
- U.S. Code - Searchable, U.S. House of Representatives, Office of the Law Revision Counsel
- U.S. Code - Cornell
Law School, Legal Information Institute (LII) site
- Title 22 "Foreign Relations and Intercourse," Chapters 1-75
Journals on the Web - all the journals included in this York University
Law Library list are accessible full-text on the web for free
- International Law In
Brief: Developments in International Law - prepared by the Attorney-Editors
of International Legal Materials, The American Society of International Law
- American Journal of International Law
- Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
- Cornell International Law Journal
- Emory International Law Review
- The European Journal of International Law
- Fordham International Law Journal
- Hastings International and Comparative Law Review
- The Journal of International Economic Law at the University of Pennsylvania
- Journal of International Law is a publication of The College of Law at Michigan State University. Topics covered range from international human rights to recent developments in private and public international law.
- New York University Journal of International Law & Politics
- Stanford Journal of International Law
- Texas International Law Journal - published by the University of Texas School of Law.
- Wisconsin International Law Journal - is a professional journal dedicated to the study and advancement of international law. The WILJ publishes three issues a year, which include articles on a wide range of international topics.
- Comprehensive List of all North American Law Schools - listed alphabetically, with addresses and contact information
- Law Schools & Libraries: Virtual Library - Sponsored by the Indiana University School of Law Library and the World Wide Web Virtual Library
- Washburn University School of Law Library "Foreign and International Law" - Superb, searchable, alphabetical compilation.
- Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
- Cornell Law School, Legal Information Institute, featuring "International Law: An Overview" - a superb basic resource.
- Center for National Security Law - The CNSL at the University of Virginia is a nonpartisan, nonprofit institution dedicated to the promotion of interdisciplinary advanced research, scholarship, and education about legal aspects of national security problems.
- The American Society of International
Law The ASIL is a forum for exchange of views and information
among government officials, corporate and business leaders, scholars, practicing lawyers,
students, and others interested in international law and affairs; a research center
through its panels, working groups, interest sections, and extensive library of
international law materials; and a publisher of books and journals.
- "Finding New
Resources" - a guide to electronic
resources on International Law
- "Finding New Resources" - a guide to electronic resources on International Law
- International Law Students Organization - ILSA is located in Washington, DC
- Department of International Law, Organization of American States
- Law - Hieros Gamos - billed as "The Comprehensive Law and Government Portal" - an impressive, if daunting collection. Available in five languages, it might be considered the "Yahoo.com" of law.
- LLRX.com - offers a wide array of very useful research guides on law, including:
Lists" is a searchable compilation by the University of Chicago Law School of
electronic mailing lists and Usenet newsgroups for law-related discussions, announcements,
news, and articles.
- British Legal History - Lynette Costello, Department of Law, London Guildhall University
- Derechos Human Rights is the first internet-based human rights organization.
- http://www.visalaw.com/ Siskind Susser & Haas' award-winning website on immigration and nationality
- Initiative on Conflict Resolution and Ethnicity - INCORE is a joint initiative of the University of Ulster and the United Nations University. The INCORE Internet Service is a central resource on the internet for those in the area of conflict resolution and ethnic conflict.
- Lex Mercatoria - International Trade Law Monitor