Chicken Tikka - curried Indian nuggets
- boneless chicken breast cut into 1" cubes,
or 8 chicken pieces without bones
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp tandoori color
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 cup curd
- optional: 1/2 tsp tamarind paste
- additional salt and cayenne powder to taste
(Source: Modified after Sangeeta Khanna's
"Kebabs and Snacks"
(New Delhi: Sterling Publishers, 2000), p. 33.)
- Mix the ingredients with the curd, add the tandoori color and apply it over the chicken pieces. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Insert the chicken pieces on a skewer and bake at 300°C for 20 minutes, or barbecue over a charcoal fire, or place 2" under a broiler, turning pieces every 5 minutes for a total of 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with onion rings and lime pieces.
Back to the top
Indian Recipes or
Webbed by Philip McEldowney
Thursday, 26 February 2009.