"It is very pleasant to be written up, even by
a writer."Joyce Cary
The following list of online magazines and literary journals represents a
sampling of some of the high-quality online publishing in fiction and
poetry. The list is not inclusive of all that is out there. Some are
purely online; some, as indicated, are online versions of a print
- An online publication featuring poems, fiction, plays, and images. It
is intended to be a storehouse where everything that is put up will stay
up. Accepts submissions.
The Blue Moon Review
- Triannual online review. Features fiction, poetry, and RealAudio
format of readings from works such as Choices by Mary Lee
- Contemporary literary ezine featuring talented amateur writers of
poetry and fiction. Also has a book review section.
Oyster Bay Review
- Online and in print, fiction and poetry. Published in Carrboro, NC.
Looking to expose new and gifted writers.
- Literary journal dedicated to publishing high-quality fiction and
poetry by new and established writers. Also accepts essays and reviews on
unsolicited basis. All rights remain with authors.
Journal of Gadda Studies
- An on-line yearly publication.
Each issue is thematically organised, with a strong comparative literature
It is linked to introductory material specifically designed for
undergraduate & graduate courses.
Cutting edge scholarship in the main issues has its counterpart in an
Archive of classic articles.
It offers a comprehensive and regularly updated Bibliography section.
Glimmer Train Press
- Quarterly short story print magazine. Every issue includes six
illustrated short stories and two interviews with writers and artists. The
stories are not published online, only highlights of what was published in
print. The interesting Internet service provided in this site is the
Writer's Ask section where every few weeks they publish questions answered
by some of their favorite published writers and creative writing
professors. Submission guidelines. Pays $500 for story.
- A web-specific version of the monthly print magazine. Submissions
invited. Annual monetary prizes for fiction and poetry.
- A quarterly, nonprofit e-zine presenting a hearty,
eclectic mix of prose, poetry, art and photography:
accessible, obscure, soothing, disturbing.
- Published three times a year. Online version offers samples of each
issue. Writer's guidelines.
- An e-zine that features both established and
emerging poets, artists, and writers from around the world.
Updated June 12, 2001
The Literary Web Homepage