THIS SITE IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED. PLEASE VISIT THE CURRENT ALGENWEB/WALKER CO. SITE AT http://www.rootsweb.com/~alwalker/.
This page consists of a reverse-chronological list of the changes to the Walker Co. ALGenWeb site. Check here to find out what is new since your last visit.
21 February 2000
7 November 1999
31 October 1999
- Corrected all URLs for information at the Alabama Department of Archives and History, whose web site moved from http://www.asc.edu/archives/ to http://www.archives.state.al.us/
- Corrected URL for Roots Surname List and updated the Alabama Surnames in the RSL search form
25 September 1999
- Changed description of WCGS queries to indicate that they no longer appear in the online edition of the Daily Mountain Eagle, though they continue to appear in the printed version
21 September 1999
6 September 1999
- Changed all URL references from http://www.med.virginia.edu/... to http://www.people.virginia.edu/...
- Updated URL for Amelia Willcutt's queries to http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~willcutt/1999/
- Updated number of list subscribers
- Updated information regarding Walker Co. Genealogical Society queries
- Removed link to Lisa Franklin's queries, which appear not to exist anymore
- Updated information on the Walker Co. Heritage Book
16 January 1999
29 July 1998
- Added Microfilmed newspapers of Walker County from the Alabama Department of Archives & History.
- Added Native American research in Alabama
- Updated page footers with name and email address of the new ALGenWeb state coordinator, Leigh Compton.
28 June 1998
- Updated the meeting place for the Walker County Heritage Book committee.
30 May 1998
- Added table of contents to main page.
- Updated links to Blount Co., Cullman Co., Tuscaloosa Co. and Winston Co. pages.
- Updated links to Lisa Franklin and Amelia Willcutt's query pages.
- Added email link for submission of queries to the Walker Co. Genealogical Society.
- Added link to The Daily Mountain Eagle newspaper.
20 May 1998
- Added information on the ALWALKER-L mailing list.
7 January 1998
- Updated Lineages, Inc. link.
7 December 1997
- Updated all mailto links to reflect the county coordinator's new email address <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
3-5 October 1997
8 September 1997
3 August 1997
- Updated the URL for Amelia Willcut's query page on the main page.
- Added URL in the "Civil War" section of the main page to Joel Mize's page containing information on the families of veteran's of the 1st Alabama Cavalry, USA.
- Created new "Researchers & Reunions" category on the main page, moving the Researchers link from the "Queries" section.
- Added indication to the Researchers link on the main page of the date names were last added to the list.
- Created new Reunions page, linked off the main page.
- Began adding "New" graphic to significant features less than a month old.
- Created new What's New page, linked off the main page.
ALGenWeb: County Index: Walker County: What's New